Date Added: 9 April 2019
: 26 April 2019
Job Title: Office Manager/Senior Secretary
Working For: Dominic Raab MP (Esher and Walton)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Mr Raab is looking for a hard-working and motivated person to join his team as his PA/Office Manager, to oversee the day-to-day running of his Westminster office. The successful applicant will form part of a small and dedicated team to ensure the smooth running of the office and provide high level administrative and managerial support.
The position would suit a highly organised person with sound judgement and excellent attention to detail. Strong administrative, organisational, communication and IT skills are essential.
• Managing the Member’s diary, with overall control of constituency commitments
• Overseeing communications, including drafting press releases, maintaining the website and social media; overseeing the production of newsletters and leaflets
• Management of the office budget and HR procedures
• Oversight of Casework. Ensuring queries from constituents are dealt with in a sensitive manner and all records are dealt with in accordance with data protection principles
• Ensuring a full range of secretarial and administrative support, including: telephone and visitor enquiries, responding to email and letters, efficient data and file management
• Recruitment and line management responsibilities
• Acting on the Member’s behalf in agreed areas; for instance, liaising with relevant groups/personnel at Westminster and within the Constituency, or representing him at meetings
• Communicating effectively with local and national media
• Supporting Parliamentary activity, including advising on policy issues; analysing, evaluating and interpreting data; and researching local and national issues to support the Member’s work
• Competent use of IT, email and internet to draft correspondence and reports; and set up and maintain spreadsheets
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Previous Parliamentary experience (desirable) as a PA or Diary Manager
• Strong communication and analytical skills, with an excellent standard of written English
• Excellent administrative and IT skills as well as experience of working in small team
• An empathetic and responsive approach to people
• Be pro-active, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision
• Excellent team working ethic
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 April 2019
Closing sooner should a suitable candidate be found. To start Monday 3 June 2019.
Please send a CV with covering letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org