Date Added: 10 April 2019
: 21 April 2019
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Ian Austin MP (Dudley North)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA guidelines
Ian Austin, the MP for Dudley North, is hiring a constituency assistant to work in his Dudley office.
This is a fixed-term contract for one year.
Applicants must have excellent people skills and experience of campaigning in the community and working with volunteers is desirable
• Assisting with arrangements for events
• Helping prepare material and reports publicising local events, surgeries and constituency work.
• Helping prepare letters and surveys to support my work in Parliament and in Dudley
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public
• Assisting with establishing a social media presence in the constituency, publicising local events, surgeries and constituency work.
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Opening and dispatching mail
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Responding to enquiries by telephone and e mail, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
Applicants must be willing to work in a flexible manner, some evening and weekend working will be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 April 2019
Interviews will be held on W/C 22nd April and the start date will be discussed with the successful candidate.
To apply for this job please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com