Date Added: 10 April 2019
: 23 April 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon Mark Francois MP (Rayleigh and Wickford)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
The Rt Hon Mark Francois MP is seeking a full time Caseworker for his lively Westminster office. Previous casework experience is beneficial but, not essential. More important is strong organisational and PC skills and the flexibility to work in a busy office environment, along with a desire to assist constituents when they make contact with the office.
The successful candidate will join Mark’s team dealing with constituents, resolving problems on a wide range of issues involving local and national Government.
The role includes:
- Dealing with members of the public from a wide variety of backgrounds in a confident, compassionate and sensitive way, often by telephone, but also via email and in writing.
- Drafting responses and other correspondence to provide information, advice and support to Constituents on a broad range of issues.
- Liaising with Government departments, local Councils and other organisations to gather information to assist with cases.
- Managing and progressing casework appropriately with meticulous record keeping, whilst monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Continually maintain, update and develop personal knowledge of demanding, specialised or complex cases.
- Assisting with policy casework which may include research and drafting responses to constituents.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation appropriate to dealing with casework.
- Adhering to data protection principles and respecting confidentiality at all times.
- Assisting with local community groups.
- Other admin duties as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Competent use of IT and the ability to adapt quickly to new software.
- To be able to work with diplomacy, discretion and respect the need for strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of key social policy issues; welfare benefits, immigration, health etc.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Ability to work proactively as part of a small team.
- The ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Closing Date: 23 April 2019
The deadline for applications is 6:00pm on the closing date.
First round interviews are likely to take place on Tuesday 30th April or Thursday 2nd May 2019, with a second interview for successful candidates on Thursday 16th May 2019.
Preferred start date mid-June/early July.
All applicants should send their CV and a detailed covering letter setting out why they would be suitable for the position to the Rt Hon Mark Francois MP via email at email@example.com, with the subject line “Caseworker Application”.
Working in the Westminster office is the preferred base for this position, we are willing to explore other options to allow for flexible working.