Date Added: 10 April 2019
: 5 May 2019
Job Title: Economic Research Internship
Working For: Centre for Cities
Salary: £20,572 pro rata per annum
Centre for Cities is an independent, non-partisan research and policy institute. Committed to helping Britain’s cities improve their economic performance, the Centre produces practical research and policy advice for city leaders, Whitehall and employers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone seeking a first step in the world of policy and research.
The postholder would gain in-depth experience of a range of research duties through supporting the Centre’s core research team. Specific tasks for interns include: qualitative and quantitative research on aspects of the economies of UK cities and towns and desk-based research into economic conditions, trends and strategies in a number of UK and international cities.
Job Duties/Key responsibilities:
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative research
• Conduct literature reviews, policy reviews and other background research as required by the team
• Support the Centre’s research programme and deliver small scale research projects as needed
• Provide administrative and research support as required, including arranging meetings, site visits and events
• Experience in managing and manipulating large data sets
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to understand a large body of literature, draw out the key issues and apply them to the Centre’s research programme
• The ability to work well in a team
• Knowledge of economic, social and/or public policy
• Knowledge of STATA and GIS software
• Knowledge of NOMIS and other government datasets
Closing Date: 5 May 2019
Interviews, including a written test, will be held on 15th May, 2019
Contract: full time, 4 months (3rd June 2019 – 30th September 2019)
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please download the application form from Centre for Cities website: https://www.centreforcities.org/about/jobs-and-internships/
Please note to that we do not accept CVs.