Date Added: 10 April 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Head of UK/EU Policy
Working For: Public Policy Exchange
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, plus performance-related bonus of £8,000-£12,000
Public Policy Exchange holds regular interactive seminars which provide an invaluable interface for policy discussion, debate and networking.
These seminars offer local practitioners, civil servants and other stakeholders not only an insight into current policy thinking, but also the opportunity to feed into future policy development across all areas of public policy.
Our speakers are unrivalled in calibre, ranging from Government Ministers and Senior Whitehall Officials to leading Local Authority figures and Third Sector representatives.
The successful applicant will take on a key role as Head of Research UK & EU within a small team and will be responsible for a range of tasks including:
• Researching potential event topics, across a wide range of public policy areas
• Line managing a team of researchers in the UK and Brussels
• Monitoring public policy developments in the UK and EU
• Writing event programmes and content
• Creating event related marketing copy
• Researching suitable speakers
• Researching potential attendees and co-ordinating with our Market Research Department
In addition, there will be a requirement to support colleagues in speaker recruitment, event delivery and the marketing process. The success applicant will be a Graduate with a background in public policy research, and a thorough understanding of both UK and EU policy and the structure and functions of public sector organisations. He/she will also have between 2-5 years experience in a senior research role. Line management experience would be preferred but not essential.
Key skills/experience required includes:
• Proven research skills
• Commercial awareness
• Excellent written communication
• Strong organisational and time-management skills
• An ability to communicate effectively with Parliamentarians, senior civil servants and stakeholders
• A team player
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and reliability
• The ability to work without supervision
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
We may appoint before the closing date, with the start date for the successful candidate negotiable.
To apply please email CV and covering letter, of no more than 300 words, to:
Mr Arvind Venkataramana, Managing Director, Public Policy Exchange email@example.com
16/04/2019 - The Job Title has been changed from "Head Research UK/EU Policy", to "Head of UK/EU Policy". The Salary has been changed from "£25,000-£30,000 per annum, plus performance-related bonus of £8,000-£12,000", to "£30,000 - £35,000 per annum, plus performance-related bonus of £8,000-£12,000".