Date Added: 10 April 2019
: 22 April 2019
Job Title: Constituency and Campaigns Communications Officer
Working For: Julie Cooper MP (Burnley)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Julie Cooper MP, Member of Parliament for Burnley, is looking to recruit a Constituency and Campaigns Communications Officer to support her constituency work. The successful candidate will join an established constituency based team that is committed to supporting the Member to best represent her constituent.
This is an exciting opportunities for a skilled communicator to manage and develop the Member’s communications and campaigns activity.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management and editorial oversight of the Member’s website
- All proactive and reactive media handling
- Overseeing social media activity on all major platforms
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Identifcation and management of community campaign activities
- Organisation of Constituency events
- Drafting key constituency Communications including newsletters and updates
- Drafting detailed briefings for the Member
- Management of the busy constituency diary
- Outstanding communicator with the abilty to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent written skills with an understanding of the importance of tailoring messages for different audiences
- The ability to interpret and understand complex information quickly
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent digital skills - experience of content management systems and social media handling desirable but not essentia
- The ability to prioritise work in a busy constituency office
- Strong knowledge of current affairs and the national political landscape
- A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party is essential
- Previous experience of working in a Communications role and knowledge of the local area is desirable but not essential
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 April 2019
Interviews to be held Week Commencing 29th April
The successful applicant will start work week commencing 6th May.
Applications should apply by letter and include full CV together with details of two referees to Julie Cooper MP at 8 Keirby Walk, Burnley BB11 2DE
All applications will be acknowledged.