Date Added: 10 April 2019
: 19 April 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Sir David Amess MP (Southend West)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Caseworker, an enthusiastic team worker dedicated to providing the best possible service to constituents.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Dealing with post, emails and telephone enquiries and taking the appropriate action to resolve constituents’ concerns, training provided.
- Drafting responses to constituents’ correspondence on a wide range of issues, by liaising with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others
- Occasional project work
- Soft skills – strong interpersonal and communication skills both within the office team and in social interactions with individuals at all levels, as well as a positive, professional, caring and cooperative attitude.
- A willingness and commitment to help people achieve the best possible outcomes on a wide range of issues, including good listening skills in telephone conversations with constituents and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent organisation, administrative, IT and problem solving skills
- A high standard of written English and attention to detail
- Experience in dealing with members of the public desirable
- Sympathetic to the aims of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 April 2019
Interviews will take place from 23rd April. Start date early May.
To apply, please send your CV and a one page covering letter inserting "Caseworker Application" and your full name in the email subject line. Your application will give evidence of your suitability to the post by drawing upon your relevant qualifications, skills and experience.
All documents should be sent to: email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive a response before the 26th April 2019, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.