Date Added: 10 April 2019
: 1 May 2019
Job Title: Representation Coordinator (Education)
Working For: Imperial College Union
Salary: £25,780 – £27,570 plus benefits
Would you like to join a dynamic team that champions the student voice? Do you have skills to equip and empower volunteers to lead change? Do you have the drive to motivate volunteers to shape the development of learning and teaching in a world-leading institution?
As Representation Coordinator (Education) you will play a key role in delivering our strategic goal of ensuring the student voice is heard throughout Imperial College London. By supporting and training our volunteers you will empower students to make lasting changes that aim to improve the learning and teaching experience at Imperial.
You will be involved in supporting and coordinating a range of new and existing education related projects and initiatives, working with partners and colleagues from across the College.
Duties and responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Representation Coordinator (Education) include:
Academic Representation Network Support
• You will be the first point of contact for Academic Representatives, applying volunteer management best practice to empower and support volunteers.
• You will operate the established systems for recruiting and communicating with volunteer Academic Representatives, keeping accurate records of post-holders.
Project & Campaign Support
• You will provide operational support to elected volunteers and Officer Trustees, advising on matters relating to learning and teaching in higher education when required.
• You will support development and coordinate delivery of new and existing Education & Welfare team projects and campaigns as part of the Union’s strategy and partnership with Imperial College London.
Further information on the duties and responsibilities are outlined within the attached Job Description.
We are looking for candidates to demonstrate:
• Degree or equivalent
• Strong working knowledge of issues affecting students in Higher Education, with a focus on learning and teaching
• Experience of applying volunteer management best practice to support and empower volunteers
You can find out more about Imperial College Union by visiting our website at http://imperialcollegeunion.org.
Closing Date: 1 May 2019
Interviews to take place in the week commencing 13th May 2019
To apply for the role of Representation Coordinator (Education) please complete the online application form: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/PRO00248/representation-coordinator-education