Date Added: 11 April 2019
: 7 June 2019
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Ovo Energy
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 per annum
OVO Group is an innovative energy technology company with a mission to make clean energy affordable and available to everyone. Its core business, OVO Energy is the leading alternative energy supplier in the UK providing power and gas to 1.5m customers. In addition OVO Group provides a range of energy related technologies and services such as home heating insurance and intelligent energy products.
As the largest independent supplier in the world’s most developed energy market, OVO is expanding its activities to new markets outside the UK. We have decided to establish energy supply licences in several new markets during 2019 and 2022.
- Monitoring, collation and analysis of relevant media and political coverage.
- Providing internal updates on government announcements, Parliamentary business, and other political/policy events. You will also be required to support the wider communications team in the coordination of any responses.
- Drafting presentations, briefings and reports on a range of subjects. An ability to distill and present complex information clearly is essential.
- Conduct policy research and present findings to team members ahead of internal and external meetings, events and media interviews.
- Assist with preparation for team meetings and carry out supporting administrative duties internal and external events.
- Organise external engagement opportunities (e.g. conferences, roundtables, media interviews) and support with our regular events programme as required.
- Carry out a regular mapping exercise of political, policy and individual stakeholders. Maintain, update and share stakeholder grid with wider corporate affairs team.
- Support with the drafting of Government and Parliamentary consultation responses
Closing Date: 7 June 2019
A succesful candidate may be appointed before the closing date.
More information on the role and details of how to apply can be found at: https://www.ovoenergy.com/careers/vacancies?gh_jid=1636674