Date Added: 11 April 2019
: 8 May 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer (x2)
Working For: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
We need two dynamic, creative and motivated communicators who can source, develop and deliver outstanding content to a range of audiences.
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority has a bold, ambitious and transformational agenda which brings a fantastic opportunity to craft compelling communications through a range of channels and media.
The Communications Officer will work within the External Communications team to raise awareness and the profile of the ongoing work, priorities and strategic agenda of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the Business Board, and the elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Working within the political office of the Elected Mayor, the successful applicant will:-
- Work with the Communications Manager in handling all aspects of external communications. Examples include preparing press releases, planning and delivering communications campaigns, creating social media content and building relationships with media and other external stakeholders and partners.
- Work closely with Combined Authority and Business Board officers, and within the Mayor’s Office, to seek and foster opportunities for communications.
- Work to tight deadlines and monitor the media to provide proactive and reactive communications and content.
- Demonstrate political awareness in all aspects of the role.
- Be encouraged to demonstrate their creative thinking, ideas sharing and proactive planning.
We need a candidate who has:-
- Several years’ experience in PR, communications or journalism. A professional qualification in one of these areas would be a significant advantage.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to produce clear, accurate and engaging content across a range of media.
- A track record of delivering high quality content under the pressure of deadlines and to work flexibly with demands.
- Experience of building relationships with the media, or, if working in the media, to have experience of building relationships with key contacts.
- A reputation for being a self-starter, and a record of creativity and and taking ownership of communications campaigns and initiatives.
In return we are offering a highly competitive salary, opportunities for flexible working and entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Closing Date: 8 May 2019
One of the roles may be appointed before the close date.
For more information on the vacancies, visit: http://cambridgeshirepeterborough-ca.gov.uk/news/opportunity-for-two-communications-officers-to-join-the-combined-authority/
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited to the role.