Date Added: 11 April 2019
: 29 April 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs and Campaigns Lead
Working For: The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
Salary: £39,016-£47,468 per annum
The role of Public Affairs and Campaigns Lead is an exciting role within the College and will be critical to driving forward our work with politicians, policy makers and other stakeholders as well as our public-facing campaigning work.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Location: 5 – 11 Theobalds Road, Holborn, London, WC1X 8SH
In this role, you will:
- Devise, implement and manage RCPCH's public affairs strategy in the UK parliament, coordinating activity with colleagues in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in order to influence government policy in the interest of child health.
- Develop and implement public affairs plans for College projects and initiatives, working with staff across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with RCPCH members and external organisations to build the profile of the College amongst key decision makers in Westminster and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with policy team to maximise reach and influence on our advocacy work.
- Current knowledge of children’s health issues, external and political environment and the influences/work of the College
- Knowledge of the way government and Civil Service works, not only in relation to the UK Parliament but also the devolved nations.
- Ability to understand policy and research material and to collate and interpret a broad range of information
- Experience in a similar public affairs, parliamentary or campaigns role
- Instructing others in the use of online systems and/or software applications (e.g. bulk email systems)
- Experience of developing a successful public affairs and/or campaigns strategy
- Experience of working in a public affairs or campaigns environment
- Experience of developing success relationships with key external contacts
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
The deadline for applications is 9am on the closing date
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 8 May
To see the full job description and how to apply for the position please click on the following link: https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/about-us/jobs/public-affairs-campaigns-lead
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
No agencies please.