About the Role
You’ll be working with the Head of Government Affairs and Senior Government Affairs Managers to support the relationship between Vodafone and the UK Government, Parliament, Devolved Administrations, UK MEPs, trade associations, think tanks and campaigning NGOs. Your main responsibility will be to support the delivery of the Government Affairs strategy including specific campaigns.
This is a great opportunity where you will get to work closely with senior Stakeholders in Government, Parliament and the business to promote campaigns Vodafone are working on. Credibility will be key to this position, and you will need to do the following to be successful in the role:
• Work with the team to support the delivery of the Government Affairs strategy and related campaigns
• In co-ordination with the Senior Government Affairs Managers, work on specific policy areas key to Vodafone’s business strategy
• Support public policy campaigns incl. developing campaign strategy, setting up meetings with key government stakeholders, organising high profile events, including the political party conference programme
• Support the development and delivery of Vodafone messaging on key UK government policy, including writing submissions to government consultations and parliamentary inquiries
• Provide advice to the business on government policy and government affairs-related activity
• Educated to degree level
• Experience in government affairs, ideally with Westminster, Whitehall or industry/consultancy experience. Ideally 3 years minimum
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in precise and articulate terms with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to build trusting relationships and to convey commercial information sensitively
• Organised and self-motivated
What we can offer you
You will get to work in a small team but have a big impact on Vodafone UK and work closely with our most senior leaders including Directors and Heads of across the business. On top of this, we also offer 28 day’s holiday as well as a generous company bonus, pension scheme and you get to work at our central London office, Smale House, within easy reach of Whitehall and Westminster.