Date Added: 11 April 2019
: 2 May 2019
Job Title: Project Assistant – Business and Human Rights
Working For: Global Partners Digital
Global Partners Digital is seeking a highly motivated and organised Project Assistant to contribute to the work of our Business and Human Rights (BHR) Programme. The Project Assistant will work across our suite of projects which aim to build the capacity of civil society and the private sector to promote and protect human rights online.
The successful candidate will be a focused and dynamic individual joining a hardworking team who work across a diverse range of internet-related and digital issues including online content regulation and business and human rights.
• Providing administrative support to the BHR Team;
• Providing logistical support to team members and project partners;
• Assisting with preparation of project reports;
• Assisting with the development of project proposals;
• Organising meetings and events in the UK and abroad;
• Maintaining project files and monitoring budgets;
• Providing general office support.
• A minimum of one year’s practical experience working in a professional environment, providing project support and assistance;
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field;
• Self-motivated and organised, able to work independently to meet deadlines;
• Strong coordination and communication skills,
• Able to build positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
• Excellent written and numerical skills, to enable review and analysis of a wide range of sources of information and the presentation of findings in a clear manner;
• An interest in human rights and internet-related and digital issues
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Practical experience assisting with the implementation of government-funded projects;
• Practical experience of working with civil society, governments and the private sector, particularly from the global South;
• Practical experience of working on human rights and internet-related and digital issues;
• Fluency in a language other than English.
• Working days: Full time
• Length of contract: One Year Fixed Term
• Holidays: 25 days (excluding public holidays)
• Candidates must have permission to live and work in the UK
Closing Date: 2 May 2019
The deadline for applications is 6.00pm on the closing date. Successful applicants will be invited for interview at the GPD w/c 6th May 2019.
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please send:
• Your CV (maximum 2 pages and containing the contact details of two referees). The filename of your CV should be “PA LASTNAME FIRSTNAME CV”.
• Cover letter (maximum 1 page) stating why you feel that you are well-suited for this position. The filename of your cover letter should be “PA LASTNAME FIRSTNAME Cover Letter”.
Please email these documents to Kate Webster at email@example.com. The subject of your email should be “Application for PA LASTNAME FIRSTNAME”.