Date Added: 11 April 2019
: 30 April 2019
Job Title: Adviser
Working For: New Schools Network
Salary: £22,000-26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
As a member of the advisory team, you will act as a critical friend to groups of people, organisations and academy trusts who want to set up new free schools, responsible for delivering guidance and feedback on the quality and viability of their proposals, as well as co-ordinating access to the other services we provide.
You will be directly responsible for your own set of lead generation campaigns and free school groups but will also contribute to the development of the overarching package of support we provide to applicants, as well as to approved and open schools. You will be joining a team of other advisers who have come from a range of backgrounds, including former teachers, campaigners and those with a background in the third sector. As part of a small, dedicated team, you will have the opportunity to gain experience of a range of disciplines and be involved in one of the most exciting and fast moving areas of public policy.
- Researching, identifying and cultivating free school applicant leads in priority areas.
- Liaising directly with proposer groups to answer specific questions about the free school application process.
- Managing multiple projects by proactively working with proposer groups to develop their free school applications.
- Providing high-quality written feedback on draft free school applications.
- Provide efficient and accurate advice for applicants via phone and email, or refer them to the appropriate advice and support within NSN.
- Producing written guidance on a range of subjects related to establishing a school.
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of training and networking events.
- Developing NSN’s strategy.
- Skills and experience
- A strong academic record.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience of managing and developing small projects.
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills.
- Experience of working in a customer/client focussed environment.
- Ability to show initiative and design creative solutions.
- Ability to review information and use it to inform strategy and practice.
- A passion for improving education.
- Support for, and understanding of, the free schools policy.
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
We would be looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you are the right person for this job. Please also include details of your current salary and notice period.