Date Added: 11 April 2019
: 29 April 2019
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Mike Gapes MP (Ilford South)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Mike Gapes MP is seeking an experienced caseworker to assist his constituents in his busy constituency office. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for helping people. The position is full-time, there will be a 6-month probationary period.
To manage all aspects of casework in the constituency, assisting staff to help constituents, and to ensure the smooth running of the busy constituency office.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Dealing with correspondence and visitor enquiries at the constituency office, ensuring timely responses.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Drafting responses to constituents and using caseworker.mp.
- Logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Analysing casework patterns and reporting trends to the MP.
- Supervising other members of staff.
- Ensure office records are kept up to date.
- Other duties as and when required - assisting with the work of other colleagues in the constituency and the House of Commons and communicating appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Adhere to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Previous experience of handling casework in a political or advice agency setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- An awareness and understanding of common social media platforms.
- Experience of working in a political environment or the third sector is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information is desirable but not essential.
- Competent use of IT and the ability to adapt quickly to new software. Experience of using Caseworker.mp is desirable but not essential
- Understanding of, and sympathy with, the values of The Independent Group.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
Interviews will be held in Ilford soon after closing date. The post is based in the constituency office; if you are more interested in the workings of the parliamentary office, then this post isn’t for you. We welcome applications from groups underrepresented in the parliamentary workforce.
Please send CV (max two sides of A4) and covering letter (max two sides) setting out why you'd like the post and how your experience matches the job description and person specification to email@example.com.
Please include contact details (inc tel no) for two people (inc current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference, these will not be taken up until after interview.
For further information, please call 0207 219 6485. Due to high numbers of applicants we are unable to offer feedback.