Date Added: 25 April 2019
: 17 May 2019
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Andrea Jenkyns MP (Morley and Outwood)
Location: Morley and Outwood
Andrea is looking for a confident, experienced and versatile professional to be responsible for the smooth running of a busy Constituency Office.
Working with a small, friendly team, the successful candidate’s duties will include:
- Ensuring that all constituency casework enquiries are properly logged; progressed and completed.
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities and third-party organisations.
- Management of own caseload.
- Supervision of other members of staff.
- Attendance at surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents' issues.
- Working with the Office Manager (based in London) to ensure that administration tasks associated with the office are completed.
- Management of the Member’s diary in the Constituency.
- Continually maintain, update and develop personal knowledge of demanding, specialised or complex cases.
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts, including in the media.
- Co-ordination of constituency events and meetings.
- Ability to prepare briefings and compose press releases.
- Occasionally draft press releases
- Experience of leadership within the office of an MP, MEP or similar public figure.
- Excellent knowledge of legislation and guidelines relevant to constituency casework.
- Excellent communication skills, including written skills and competence on Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Excel).
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
- A working knowledge of parliamentary procedures.
- Knowledge of the constituency and local political, social and economic environment.
Hours: Full time - some Saturdays will be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 May 2019
We are likely to interview and could appoint before the closing date if the right candidate applies.
A short written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.
Please send CV and covering letter to BASILICOS@parliament.uk by the closing date with the subject line 'Senior Caseworker'.
For further information, please contact Stefano Basilico on tel: 0113 345 0380