Date Added: 25 April 2019
: 22 May 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Heidi Allen MP (South Cambridgeshire)
Location: South Cambridgeshire
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Heidi Allen MP is seeking to appoint a Caseworker. The role, based in the constituency office, will primarily involve handling constituency casework and related research. A key requirement of the role is to offer a timely, compassionate, and effective service while producing regular reports to help guide Heidi's wider parliamentary work as an MP.
- Progress casework as required
- Deal with correspondence and enquiries from constituents, including drafting responses
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Provide generalist admin support
- Create news articles and press releases
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Must be able to work under own initiative and be a self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of writing skills
- Educated up to degree level, with a strong academic record and casework skills
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly as part of a small busy team.
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and information, and act on this with initiative and imagination
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent IT skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 May 2019
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
To apply for this post please e-mail a CV and one-page cover letter to Heidi: firstname.lastname@example.org