Date Added: 25 April 2019
: 17 May 2019
Job Title: Summer Intern (Three months / possible permanent position)
Working For: SP Broadway
Salary: London Living Wage
SP Broadway is a successful public relations consultancy based in Westminster specialising in providing planning and development advice with a local government focus across sectors including the housebuilding, energy, business space, retail and strategic land sectors. We build relationships with political, community and media stakeholders to help gain planning consent for our clients.
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious candidate who has a genuine interest in planning and development to intern with us over the summer, to develop their PR skills and, potentially, progress within the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Tracking issues across print, online and social media and writing updates for clients
• Drafting of general reports and meeting minutes
• Helping in the preparation of written material for clients
• Helping to facilitate and support client public exhibitions
• Helping to organise political breakfast seminars
• Supporting SP Broadway colleagues on client project work
You will gain experience of:
• Working with clients in a professional setting
• Attending client meetings
• Producing high-quality reports and press releases
• Stakeholder communications
• Political research
The candidate will:
• Have a proactive work ethic and a desire to learn and develop on the job
• Have excellent written and verbal communication
• Have an interest in politics and planning / development issues
• Have good working knowledge of both local government and national government
• Have a degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. Politics/History/Economics/International Affairs/Philosophy)
Pending a review at the end of August, the successful candidate could be offered a permanent position.
Closing Date: 17 May 2019
Interviews will be scheduled throughout May. The position may be filled before the closing date.
Please send a covering letter in the form of an email and attach your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.