Date Added: 26 April 2019
: 31 May 2019
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Blue Heron Research Partners
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 per year + biannual performance bonus
Who we are:
Blue Heron is a research firm specializing in providing qualitative due diligence to a wide range of clients. We apply the fundamentals of investigative and business journalism – detailed interviews and meticulous public records searches – to uncover the unvarnished truth about a company from developments on the factory floor to strategic level reputational and growth prospects.
What you’ll do:
• Conduct extensive outreach and interviews with various sources, gathering business intelligence for institutional investors and corporate clients.
• Find creative solutions when a project has stalled.
• Spend significant time reaching out to and following up with potential sources, using phone, email, and InMail.
• Assist associates as they identify sources.
• Liaise with project managers, editing and sourcing teams.
• Apply all compliance guidelines throughout the process.
Who you are:
• You have 3-5 years of experience in journalism, investigation, intelligence, CI or due diligence research.
• You possess excellent communication skills as well as strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• You thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and deliver against short deadlines.
• You are patient, persistent and comfortable juggling several projects on different topics.
• You are self-motivated, efficient, and highly organized with excellent planning and time management skills.
• You are flexible and comfortable adjusting the line of inquiry to the changing scope of the project.
• You are naturally curious and can handle a steep learning curve.
• Advantage: Candidates comfortable conducting interviews in multiple European languages (especially French or German).
• Please note that we are not able to provide sponsorship for a UK or US work permit. You will have to demonstrate your ability to live and work in the UK or US if invited to an interview.
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: London Researcher. If we think you could be a good match, we’ll be in touch to let you know the next steps. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive for these positions, we are not able to acknowledge every application.