Date Added: 26 April 2019
: 24 May 2019
Job Title: Researcher (Energy and Environment)
Working For: Bright Blue
Salary: Salary dependent on experience
Bright Blue is an independent think tank for liberal conservatism. We are looking for a Researcher (Energy and Environment) to join this ambitious and expanding organisation.
The successful candidate will be conducting qualitative and quantitative research, authoring policy reports and opinion articles, organising events, and representing Bright Blue in the media and at external events. They will be industrious and have an entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrate intellectual creativity and rigour, and will also have excellent attention to detail. The individual must have a strong background in and enjoyment of extensive research and writing.
The role is ideal for a candidate with strong knowledge and interest in energy and environment policy.
- Creating new research ideas, drafting research proposals and seeking funding for our research work.
- Conducting literature reviews, and designing and analysing polling, focus groups and depth interviews.
- Co-authoring independent research reports.
- Generating imaginative and credible policy ideas.
- Devising and participating in a variety of Bright Blue events, including roundtable discussions and keynote speeches with high-profile decision-makers and opinion formers.
- Attending and representing Bright Blue at roundtable discussions and public events.
- Engaging with, and building a network of, key stakeholders such as civil servants, special advisers, representatives from the private and third sectors, academics, journalists and politicians
- Writing regular opinion articles.
- Representing Bright Blue in the media.
- Becoming a recognised figure on energy and environment policy, and commenting on the work of other opinion formers.
- Supporting Bright Blue’s fundraising efforts.
- Experience in public policy research and formulation.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of energy and environment policy.
- A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
- A strong research background.
- An impressive academic record, including a minimum of an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above).
- Excellent writing ability, critical thinking, intellectual rigour and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, a desire to learn, and the ability to work independently and in teams.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a desire to create new work and opportunities for Bright Blue.
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
Interviews will be organised soon after the deadline, and start dates will be discussed upon an application being successful.
Please submit your CV and covering letter as a .pdf to Ryan Shorthouse, Director of Bright Blue, at firstname.lastname@example.org.