Date Added: 30 April 2019
: 20 May 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mark Menzies MP (Fylde)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
An opportunity has arisen for a full-time position in Mark’s Westminster Office. The role will primarily involve progressing casework and dealing with constituent enquiries, with further opportunities to support Mark’s wider portfolio. Tasks should be undertaken in a timely and effective manner whilst being compassionate and sympathetic to the public.
Responsibilities will include:
- Progressing casework as required, logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring that all identified actions are taken.
- Research tasks to assist with resolving cases and advising Mark on issues.
- Dealing with correspondence and enquiries from constituents about a wide range of subjects, and drafting responses.
- Providing generalist admin support.
- Writing news articles and press releases.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Educated to degree level, with a strong academic record.
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly as part of a small and busy team, prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and information, and act on this with initiative and imagination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong attention to detail and competence using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
- No previous political or parliamentary experience necessary.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 May 2019
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the role may be filled prior to the closing date. Successful candidates should be available to begin as of July 1st.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
1st May 2019 - The Job Details section has been updated.