Date Added: 30 April 2019
: 29 June 2019
Job Title: Intern (Local)
Working For: Portland Communications
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Portland’s Local expertise ranges from contentious planning applications and major infrastructure projects, through to community campaigns and stakeholder engagement. As part of our work, we enable a number of the UK’s leading businesses and organizations to engage effectively with local communities and decision makers.
• Monitoring and providing analysis of local and central government proceedings
• Assisting with the production of political audits of local authority areas, helping clients to understand the local policy environment
• On the ground local campaigning activity, including local canvassing
• Assisting with media sell-ins on behalf of clients with local and national press
• Assisting with event organisation and planning
• Undertaking research for new business proposals
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
• Be logical, quick and flexible in the appraisal of problems
• Be able to present findings for publication clearly and accurately to a range of audiences
• Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others
• Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency
What we offer in return
• The opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
• In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Closing Date: 29 June 2019
please apply via our company website:
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.