Date Added: 30 April 2019
: 17 May 2019
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Conference Production Assistant)
Working For: Inside Government
Salary: £22,000 (£24,000 upon completion of a 3 month probation)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Programme Assistant to join Inside Government, a leading organiser of apolitical policy-led forums for practitioners across the public sector. This is an exciting role in a growing division with excellent career opportunities for those interested in public policy and UK politics.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible for in-depth public policy research, writing agendas, inviting speakers and managing and delivering their own portfolio of forums. They will demonstrate creativity and innovation from event development to delivery, to support the ever-evolving needs of the public sector and in turn support the company’s growth aspirations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In depth research, desk-based and through research calls, across a range of UK domestic policy areas
• Identifying, inviting, confirming and regularly liaising with high profile speakers from across the public sector
• Producing enticing and attractive website copy in the form of event agendas, policy overviews and blogs, demonstrating the business criticality of the event and the benefits of attending
• Managing preparations for events and assisting speakers on-the-day
• Working closely with and briefing the marketing team to ensure commercial success
• Developing and building relationships with sponsors, speakers and public sector stakeholders
• Generating innovative, commercially successful ideas that will appeal to practitioners and suppliers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A degree in UK politics or related subject and in depth knowledge of UK public policy
• A strong interest in current affairs and politics
• The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and targets on a weekly basis
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrable research skills
• An ability to work independently
• A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude, keen to work in an entrepreneurial business environment
• Previous conference experience is desirable, but not essential
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market. We offer a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work and a penson.
Closing Date: 17 May 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. We are looking for an immediate start where possible.
Please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role, highlighting your knowledge of, and interest in, domestic policy via our online careers portal: https://workable.com/j/D428CB7B0F