Date Added: 1 May 2019
: 26 May 2019
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Oliver Dowden CBE MP (Hertsmere)
Salary: In line with IPSA Pay Scales: £21,960 – £32,548
- We are looking for a new Constituency Assistant to join Oliver Dowden’s Parliamentary Office in London.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, with excellent attention to detail.
- They will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage a varying work load, together with common sense, sound organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative.
- They will also have excellent written English.
- We are a small team and flexibility is a must.
- Knowledge of the constituency of Hertsmere is desirable.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 May 2019
Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications early if a suitable candidate is found.
We will consider requests for part-time or flexible working.
Please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com using the subject heading: Constituency Assistant Application.
Oliver Dowden is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Upon appointment, the successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and undergo a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC).
If you have any questions, please e-mail them, or call 0207 219 3415.
Please note that we are likely to appoint at the lower end of the salary scale.