Date Added: 1 May 2019
: 9 June 2019
Job Title: Proofreader - Communications Team
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising senior-level seminars on public policy in media, telecoms, education, nutrition, health, energy, transport, the environment and many other areas. We enjoy considerable support from within Parliament and government, in industry and amongst interest groups.
We are recruiting for proofreader to join the Communications team, which reports to the General Manager.
- Ensuring that written materials for external use and web-based content are sense-checked, grammatically correct and adhering to house style.
- Responsibility for checking, and making ready for publication, external communications. This includes text being uploaded to our website, marketing letters, seminar agendas and materials contained in our delegate packs.
- Handling our activity on social media such as Twitter, as well as liaising with publications that list our events - and there is scope for further written work.
- Excellent command of the English language with sharp editing, proofreading, writing, and communication skills.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office: experience of other specialist software - for instance for social media, images and web editing - would be an advantage.
- Capable of dealing with a high volume of work, managing their time to deliver work to deadlines.
- Awareness, and being a follower, of news and current events would be an advantage.
- Interest and experience in web design and copywriting is desirable.
This is an exciting role working for an expanding organisation, and there are plenty of career growth opportunities for the right candidate. The role is full time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch based at our friendly offices in Bracknell, Berkshire with convenient road and travel links. There may also be occasional travel to Westminster, making ready and managing the smooth presentation of slides and videos at live events.
Closing Date: 9 June 2019
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating your current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com