Date Added: 2 May 2019
: 27 May 2019
Job Title: Head of Policy
Working For: University Alliance
Salary: £50,000 per annum
University Alliance is a mission group, representing and supporting modern civic universities with a professional and technical focus. We are well respected as a thoughtful and constructive force in the higher education sector and are committed to becoming a much stronger lobbying force within the sector, and for our members. We are recruiting for our new Head of Policy.
A dynamic new Head of Policy is sought to advance the influence and thought-leadership role of the University Alliance and its members. This is a strategically important role working on behalf of member universities to build collaboration and support common aims across the group. The role will hold primary responsibility for proactively influencing government policy and responding on behalf of our members to consultations and initiatives. In doing this, you will engage effectively and constructively with Government, Parliament, Whitehall, Devolved Administrations, funding councils, national academies, industry and sector representatives and partners.
- Lead the University Alliance’s Policy Team proactively advising the CEO on all policy matters in relation to the University Alliance, HE and wider sector.
- Develop and oversee the University Alliance strategy on policy.
- Oversee research and policy development programme, holding responsibility for the budget, in order to produce evidence-based policy positions across each of the priority areas for University Alliance.
- Provide effective leadership, management and development of the Deputy Head of Policy.
- Oversee, undertake and commission high quality research and projects, including in-depth data analysis, for a range of outputs to demonstrate evidence of impact.
- Work closely with Head of Communications & Public Affairs to ensure the seamless integration of communications, public affairs and policy / research strategies
- Play a key role as a member of the Senior Management Team in leading and shaping the longer-term strategic direction of the University Alliance
- As necessary attend and present at Board meetings of the Vice Chancellors of Alliance universities.
Please visit our website for full details.
Closing Date: 27 May 2019
Application deadline: 11.59pm on the closing date
Interview date: Monday 10 June 2019
Please go to the vacancies section of our wesbite to get further info on role (full job spec, application form) and detail relating to the application process: https://www.unialliance.ac.uk/about/jobs/
Please return completed application forms to: email@example.com by the deadline date provided.