Date Added: 3 May 2019
: 20 May 2019
Job Title: Campaign Organiser (Part-time)
Working For: Islington North CLP
Salary: £11,635.72 for two days per week (13.5 hours)
Islington North CLP is seeking to recruit an experienced and creative constituency Campaign Organiser. The successful candidate will have the skills, experience and commitment to:
- Play an active part in developing and implementing the campaigning objectives of Islington North CLP
- Support our MP, officers and members in their work for the constituency
- Work closely with Islington Council’s Labour Group, the Local Campaign Forum and all units of the Labour Party to coordinate campaigning activity
- Establish and maintain links with trade unions and affiliated organisations
- Establish and maintain links with local campaign groups and community organisations
Initially, the contract will be for one year. But we would hope to extend the arrangement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Substantial experience of political and community organising at a local level
- The personal skills to engage and work productively with the officers, members and supporters of Islington North CLP, Labour Party units at all levels, trade unions and with local campaign groups and community organisations
- The skills necessary to use the Labour Party’s IT systems, as well as commonly used systems for word processing and data handling
The nature of this role will vary according to political and campaigning priorities. The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to work independently, while being flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. The successful candidate will be expected to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as required.
Islington North CLP values equality and diversity. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing Date: 20 May 2019
We plan to interview shortlisted candidates on Monday 3rd June. We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
Please read the full Job Description, which you can find at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZjiHgNODdKrKzs0G6slieY7VgJSg-d7g8nCFILGBtHM/edit?usp=sharing
You can download an application form from: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PXZodIjUcVyKla_vfIl--pxSR8b8NwZKhSsU1V2hWPc/edit?usp=sharing
If you need further info, please contact Stephen Moorby at firstname.lastname@example.org