Date Added: 7 May 2019
: 31 May 2019
Job Title: Constituency Assistant / Caseworker (FT or PT)
Working For: Ranil Jayawardena MP (North East Hampshire)
Location: Odiham, Hampshire
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales, dependent on experience
Ranil Jayawardena MP has a vacancy for a Constituency Assistant (full-time or part-time) based in his constituency office, working alongside two experienced existing colleagues. Experience of working in the community will be helpful and the ability to learn quickly is essential. Previous experience of casework, though not necessarily in Parliament, is highly desirable. Local candidates who are familiar with the area and the issues that its residents and businesses face will be well placed to undertake the role, but this is not a requirement.
Mr Jayawardena is keen to appoint the best candidate, so would actively encourage those with experience to apply, whether they are seeking full-time or part-time hours, including those that fit into a school day or around other care commitments.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Taking initial action on queries from members of the public, including responding on behalf of the MP if appropriate.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Managing and undertaking the portfolio of casework appropriately.
- Drafting responses to constituents.
- Analysing patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
- Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters.
- Assisting with administrative tasks to help with the day-to-day running of the office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to provide a high quality service to constituents.
- Awareness of central and local government structures, and other relevant services.
- Good IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office package, and the ability to adapt to new software.
- Highly organised, resilient and capable of dealing with a large work load as part of a busy team.
- Sympathetic to the values and aims of the Conservative Party.
- Absolute discretion.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made and the appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please submit a current CV and covering letter and contact details for two referees via email to: email@example.com
For an informal conversation, please call Clemency Huggins on (020) 7219 3637.