Date Added: 7 May 2019
: 25 May 2019
Job Title: Home Affairs Policy Adviser and Project Manager
Working For: Church of England
Salary: £53,937 rising to £57,196 after probation
The Mission and Public Affairs Division is responsible for the Church of England’s mission to society through the support of initiatives in the local church, support of world mission partners, engagement with ethical issues in government and society, and other related areas of the church’s national work. It is accountable to the General Synod through the Archbishops’ Council.
The main responsibilities for this role are;
- Sharing the work of MPA in keeping abreast of, responding to and initiating action on, issues of ethical, political and public concern.
- Taking the lead responsibility for the Church of England’s national responses to public policy on Home Affairs, including work on penal policy, criminal justice, social policy (such as equalities), marriage and family life and similar areas.
- Working with colleagues to deliver a multi-disciplinary approach to the Division’s work;
- Maintaining knowledge of, and contact with, the relevant government departments and officials in other public bodies and agencies.
- Maintaining links with relevant professional, voluntary and non-governmental organisations.
- Representing, as necessary, the views and perspectives of the Church of England on relevant issues in public and private meetings and forums. This may include engaging in public debate and explaining the reasoning behind the church’s public policies (including theological reasoning).
- Providing briefings for bishops, the General Synod, the Archbishops’ Council, the MPA Council, ecumenical bodies, diocesan advisers and others within the areas of work covered by the post.
- Developing initiatives to support social action in dioceses and parishes, including negotiating with potential partner bodies, funders etc.
- Managing staff of some of the social action projects based in MPA, especially where the projects are complementary to the Home Affairs agendas; helping to deliver project outcomes, manage staff and design new initiatives.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be necessary within the Division at the request of the Director of MPA.
Closing Date: 25 May 2019
For more informtation please see link https://pathways.churchofengland.org/job/pathways/1025/home-affairs-policy-adviser-and-project-manager