Date Added: 8 May 2019
: 12 June 2019
Job Title: Research & Development Officer - Archbishop's Housing Commission
Working For: Methodist Church/ Church of England
Salary: £21,000 (for 5 days per week)
The Archbishop of Canterbury’s newly established Commission on Housing, Church and Community will seek to bring a distinctively Christian contribution to the debate on how to ensure people are well-housed and how to build thriving communities, evidenced by action among churches.
You will play a vital role in supporting the work of the Commission, including research and administrative tasks as well as opportunities to be involved in the outworking of this exciting initiative.
Based within the Church of England’s Mission & Public Affairs Division in Church House, you will be part of a team of three people, acting as the Secretariat to the Commission. You will also act as a link with the Methodist Church, helping to share policy and practical learning between the two denominations.
The role will include work in the following areas:
- Assisting with discrete pieces of research and information gathering in support of the Commission’s work;
- Helping to ensure that the Commission’s work is grounded in the experiences of people directly affected by housing issues, including organising study visits;
- Collecting and disseminating ‘stories’ or case studies about what churches of all denominations are doing to tackle local housing issues;
- Developing resources for churches to help them to engage with housing issues
- Organising events and meetings for sub-groups of the Commission.
There will be many opportunities for professional and personal learning and development to equip you for employment after your time on the internship. To benefit most from this internship, you will need to be curious, self motivated and self-disciplined and a team player, who has an understanding and is supportive of the work and mission of the Anglican and Methodist Churches.
Some contribution towards travel/commuting expenses incurred during employment may be agreed at the Church of England’s discretion. Subject to terms and conditions’.
For details about the job, please visit https://www.methodist.org.uk/about-us/connect/jobs-volunteering/methodist-internship-programme/
For further details about the Commission, please visit https://www.churchofengland.org/ABChousing
Closing Date: 12 June 2019
Interview date: 26th June 2019
Start/end date: 11th September 2019 to August 30th 2020
Please apply via: https://www.methodist.org.uk/about-us/connect/jobs-volunteering/methodist-internship-programme/cofe-housing-commission-internship/