Date Added: 9 May 2019
: 24 May 2019
Job Title: Senior Conference Producer
Working For: Government Events
Government Events are specialists in delivering leading, information led public sector conferences and events. With over 20 years’ experience, we pride ourselves on delivering events at the forefront of Government policy.
In 2019 Government Events will deliver more than 150 conferences, events and training courses with over 1200 hours of CPD from 2000+ speakers to 10,000+ clients.
We are always actively looking for talented individuals who excel in what they do. Now’s an exciting time to be part of Government Events. Our client base is expanding across the globe, creating endless opportunities for rapid career progression and with your success come the rewards.
A Senior Conference Producer in Government policy is now required to join our dedicated team and become a pivotal member in our further expansion.
This role offers the exciting opportunity to accelerate your career and gain a strong understanding of public sector policies and the wider conference and events industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct in-depth research and build knowledge on a range of public policy areas
- Produce insightful sector-leading conferences and events
- Identify and invite industry leaders and experts to speak across a portfolio of events
- Work closely with speakers to maintain relationships and collect all relevant material pre-event
- Generate and pitch new event ideas
- Meet event deadlines through confirming speakers and collecting presentations
- Oversee on-the-day event running, including speaker liaisons and relationship management
- Manage other conference producers to meet speaker targets and production targets
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Educated to degree level (preferably in Politics, Public Policy, or a relevant subject)
- Minimum of 2 years experience at a commercial conference/event organisation or working in political environments
- Strong interest and/or understanding of government and public sector policy
- Demonstrated excellent written (including copy writing) and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to build business relationships at all levels
- Flexible team player, with ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
Please send you CV to Careers@governmentevents.co.uk