Date Added: 8 May 2019
: 2 June 2019
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Mary Creagh MP (Wakefield)
Salary: £28,000-£31,000 in line with IPSA payscales
Mary Creagh MP is looking for an organised and highly motivated Office Manager to join her busy constituency office in Wakefield.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in central Wakefield.
- Overall management of the Member's Parliamentary and Constituency diary commitments, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
- Liaise with groups at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member's behalf
- Line management of the office team, supervising workloads and ensuring accurate personnel records are kept
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the office budget, keeping the Member informed of all relevant financial matters
- Helping to arrange constituency events including surgeries, coffee mornings etc
- Assisting with the recruitment of new staff members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and acute attention to detail.
- The ability to work pro-actively, managing own workload whilst supervising others
- Competent use of Microsoft Office IT packages
- Be sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and be politically aware.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 June 2019
Interviews will take place in Wakefield on Friday 7 June.
Applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV and a one page covering letter to Michelle Robinson at email@example.com
Please note that due to the expected high volume of responses, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.