Date Added: 8 May 2019
: 6 June 2019
Job Title: Economics Intern
Working For: Metro Dynamics
Salary: Real Living Wage
Metro Dynamics is an independent consultancy that provides strategic advice to those who lead, grow or invest in cities. We work with local government, local enterprise partnerships, and private sector investors and developers across the UK and internationally.
We are seeking talented interns with an interest in economics and data analysis for our Manchester office.
Interns at Metro Dynamics can expect to be involved in:
- Supporting consultancy projects through researching specific topics and preparing draft information for internal use and for clients
- Undertaking data analysis and mapping of statistics
- Providing day-to-day support as required to the activities of the business
Candidates are expected to:
- be recent graduates with an economics background
- have excellent written communication skills
- be able to demonstrate experience in statistics and analysing data and have good familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- be able to demonstrate interest and experience in topics relevant to our business
Experience of using GIS software (ArcGIS / QGIS), experience of relevant statistics packages (STATA, etc.), and understanding of data analytics tools / languages (e.g. R) would be beneficial but is not essential.
Our internships typically last for six months, with an option to extend. This internship will be based in our Manchester office and will pay the Living Wage. Interns are expected to travel around the UK to support project work as required.
Please note: all applicants must have the relevant permissions to work in the UK for the period of the internship being considered.
Closing Date: 6 June 2019
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 17th and 24th June. You must be available for an interview (ideally face to face), during this period.
The start will be summer 2019.
- Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a cover letter will NOT be accepted
- In your cover please explain why you would be suitable for an internship at Metro Dynamics