Date Added: 8 May 2019
: 24 May 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Caseworker
Working For: Robert Courts MP (Witney)
Salary: According to IPSA pay scales
Robert Courts MP is recruiting a full-time Caseworker to join his busy Westminster office.
Applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a small team. A good telephone manner and good written skills are essential. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, responsible, able to use initiative and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines. Some previous experience in an MP’s office would be an advantage.
- Managing, tracking, and resolving casework.
- Dealing with email, letter and telephone enquiries; providing information and support to constituents on a broad range of issues.
- Drafting letters and emails and maintaining detailed case records.
- Undertaking ad hoc research and written tasks.
- Knowledge of Caseworker.mp software would be an advantage.
The Following Skills are Essential:
- Good communication skills.
- A friendly telephone manner.
- Strong writing skills.
- An excellent knowledge of word processing, outlook and the internet.
- An ability to prioritise tasks and work independently.
- An ability to exercise initiative and work in a sensitive and confidential manner.
Applicants should also be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
We may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Candidates should be available to start as soon as possible.
Please email a CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject “Parliamentary Caseworker Application”.