Date Added: 9 May 2019
: 24 May 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: ABTA
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience, plus company benefits
ABTA is recruiting for a Public Affairs Manager to join the Public Affairs department on a permanent contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for ABTA’s core public affairs agenda by assisting in the management and delivery of ABTA’s public affairs activities in Westminster, Whitehall, and Europe.
The Ideal candidate should have:
- Experience of working in a political or communications environment (Parliament, the Civil Service, think tank, research or public affairs role) is essential;
- A demonstrable knowledge of the legislative process and the political structures in Westminster is essential, and Brussels would be a distinct advantage;
- Prior experience of, or evident interest in the travel and tourism sector is helpful, but full training will be offered;
- Experience in the use of social media in campaigning and advancing public affairs objectives;
- Experience of working with other organisations in support of a common set of goals;
- Experience working with a trade association would be an advantage;
- Experience of line management, providing coaching, development and performance feedback to team members.
- There may be a requirement of domestic and international travel with work occasionally; and
- The ability to communicate in a working language of the EU other than English would an advantage.
ABTA offers a supportive work environment alongside other additional benefits such as flexi-time, private health insurance, pension, life insurance, income protection, season ticket loan, online GP service, buy/sell leave, a cash plan and training opportunities.
ABTA has been a trusted travel brand for more than 65 years. We are the UK’s leading travel association and are a Business and Consumer Superbrand.
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
First round interviews: As soon as possible.
Start date: As soon as possible.
To apply for the post please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining why you are the right person for the role, your salary expectations and notice period, to firstname.lastname@example.org.