Date Added: 10 May 2019
: 20 May 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Faisal Rashid MP (Warrington South)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Faisal Rashid MP is looking to recruit a full-time communications officer to join his team, based in his Warrington South constituency office.
The successful candidate will work in a demanding office and must possess the ability to manage a large workload independently.
Occasional Saturday work will be required assisting at advice surgeries and events in the constituency.
This is a permanent position subject to satisfactory completion of a six-month probationary period.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and editing Member’s website.
- Assisting with the production of Member’s regular e-newsletter.
- Establishing a social media presence in the constituency and publicising surgeries etc.
- Assisting with community and stakeholder engagement.
- Providing support with the organisation of constituency events.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries.
- Drafting responses to constituents.
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and e mail, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate.
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing.
- Other duties as and when required by the Office Manager - assisting with the work of other colleagues in the constituency and House of Commons and communicating appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respecting the confidentiality of data at all times.
- Good written and interpersonal communications skills, including polite and friendly telephone manner.
- Good digital skills - experience of content management systems and social media handling desirable but not essential.
- Competent use of IT, including the latest Microsoft Office package, and the ability to adapt quickly to new software.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of, and sympathy with, the aims and goals of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 May 2019
Interviews will be held in the Warrington South Constituency office on Friday 24th May.
The job is to commence as soon as possible after interview.
Please send CV (maximum of two sides of A4) and a covering letter (maximum one side) outlining why you would like the position and how your experience (if you have any) matches the job description and personal specification. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high numbers of applicants we are unable to offer feedback.