Date Added: 10 May 2019
: 31 May 2019
Job Title: Human Rights Programme Manager
Working For: Liberal International
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 per annum (full-time)
Liberal International (LI) is offering an experienced individual, with a demonstrable knowledge of human rights and international relations, the opportunity to help develop strategic human rights policies and promote our organisation and membership to an ever-growing international human rights community.
You will have demonstrable experience of human rights policy and advocacy work, international stakeholder engagement, excellent communication (verbal and written), research and diplomacy skills, and strong commitment to liberal values and liberalism in general. You must be capable of managing your time and workload effectively to deliver high quality results and take a pro-active approach to presenting difficult topic areas alongside an ability to work independently and with little supervision.
Your Responsibilities and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of current issues in at least one of the following areas: women’s (political) empowerment, digital governance and human rights and the shrinking democratic space
- Proven ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders across multi-cultural environments
- Strong events management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience of the UN (human rights) system
- Innovative thinking and experience with policy and advocacy work including (human rights) campaigns
- Proven ability to take complex ideas and translate them into workable concepts
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Commitment and sympathy with liberal values and liberalism in general
- Experience of working in/understanding the (international) political space
- Fundraising experience
- Working knowledge of French, Spanish, or Arabic
Please refer to the full job specification and application details on our website before applying: https://liberal-international.org/news-articles/job-call-human-rights-programme-manager/
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview the week of 3th June 2019 with a second round of interviews the week of 10th June. Due to the high number of applications, candidates who are not shortlisted will not receive a reply.
To apply, please send a 1 page cover-letter and a 2 page (maximum) CV to LI’s Secretary-General Gordon Mackay at firstname.lastname@example.org your email should include ‘Human Rights Programme Officer‘ in the subject line.
Please be advised that short-listed candidates will be expected to complete a written assessment as part of the recruitment process.