Date Added: 10 May 2019
: 24 May 2019
Job Title: Public Policy & Government Relations Associate
Working For: Capital One
(Two year fixed term contract)
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for policy analysis, public policy development, advocacy and relationship building with key government, political, regulatory and consumer stakeholders. Being part of an external affairs function that looks to interpret and shape the world around us, you will provide strategic advice to senior leaders in our business. You will help to identify and assess issues and interpret what they mean for us and our customers.
This is a high-profile and exciting role for a policy or public affairs professional who is seeking the next challenge in their career. Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, you will have a key role in supporting our UK leadership team and Board on understanding and responding to the external world.
You will help support business leaders in their policy advocacy, as well as undertake your own external engagement. A keen networker and proven advocate, you will help strengthen and deepen existing stakeholder relationships, as well as develop new ones. You will be a key point of contact for our trade association relationships, in which we are active participants and where our leaders hold senior positions.
What we are looking for from you
- Proven experience in a political, government, policy or regulatory environment
- Proven ability to quickly grasp and communicate relevant policy issues, effectively explain why those issues matter, and advise the business on implications and potential opportunities and challenges
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain internal and external networks and create partnership opportunities with stakeholders
- Ability to identify, track and assess policy issues, and appropriately engage and escalate internally and developing creative proposals and strategies to engage externally
- Ideally experience of financial services policy issues and/or the challenges of working in a regulated industry and the specific issues that can arise for businesses in regulated environments - or exposure to financial services policy and/or related or similar issues
- Excellent written and presentation skills and ability to provide insight and challenge to senior internal stakeholders and be a credible and effective external ambassador for Capital One
Closing Date: 24 May 2019
Please apply online via https://jobs.capitalone.co.uk/job/london/public-policy-and-government-relations-associate/1734/11833329