Date Added: 10 May 2019
: 22 May 2019
Job Title: Wales Policy Officer
Working For: a client of Harris Hill Charity Recruitment
A major UK-wide mental health charity is looking for a Policy Officer to play a key role in its policy function.
Working as part of the Professional Standards Team, this is a position with varied responsibilities, including:
- Assisting government and policymakers on key mental health issues
- Providing regular updates on policy work and policy developments to the organisation’s members and employees at Executive Committee meetings
- Horizon scanning the external policy, parliamentary, legal and research environments to identify emerging policy issues
- Acting as a central point of contact for policy issues
- Assisting with public affairs monitoring and influencing, drafting parliamentary questions and writing briefings/evidence for parliamentary processes
As such, suitable candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a background in mental health, health and social care, or public policy. You will also have solid research skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills and, ideally, experience in policy and parliamentary affairs.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Closing Date: 22 May 2019
Interview date: Monday 10th June
If you are interested in this position, please send your most recent CV to email@example.com. Please note that only suitable applicants will be contacted.