Date Added: 10 May 2019
: 2 June 2019
Job Title: News Intern
Working For: The Times, a client of Creative Access
Salary: £10.55 p/h London Living Wage for a 6 week internship
Incredible opportunity for a talented, dedicated and creative individual looking to pursue a career as a news journalist on one of the most prestigious training newspapers in the country
The Times is one of the most respected daily newspapers in the UK. First published in 1785, the paper has a long history of thought-provoking and ground-breaking articles.
The newspaper is offering a brilliant opportunity for a sharp and creative candidate to join their award-winning team as a News Intern for six weeks this summer. The team is looking for candidates with originality, talent, commitment, a love of journalism and a passion for storytelling.
The successful candidate will gain valuable on-the-job training from some of the UK’s most outstanding journalists and writers. You must be passionate about news, politics and current affairs and have some work experience as a writer. This could include working on your student newspaper or work experience at a local newspaper or news website.
- Story research
- Shadowing senior news reporters
- Writing copy for the newspaper and digital platforms
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to write concise accurate copy
- How to pitch story ideas
- How to research and source stories
- How to write for print and digital platforms
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A strong interest in news, politics and current affairs
- Work experience on a newspaper or digital news site (this could include a student or local newspaper)
Closing Date: 2 June 2019
Start date: June 17
To apply, please upload the following as ONE document:
- A cover letter that explains why you want to intern at The Times (Max 500 words) (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be considered)
- Your CV
- Three examples of your published work. Please include full articles, not hyperlinks
This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background. Do not contact the company directly.