Date Added: 13 May 2019
: 20 May 2019
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Bambos Charalambous MP (Enfield, Southgate)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
I am looking for a Constituency Assistant for three days per week in my constituency office in Enfield Southgate. The successful applicant will need to be organised, have experience of working in an office environment, excellent interpersonal skills with the public and people at all levels, very good writing and drafting skills and be able to use social media platforms.
The job will entail:
- attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- dealing with standard queries from the public
- gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- logging all cases, monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions have been taken
- retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- drafting responses to constituents
- analysing patterns of enquiries and producing reports
- establishing a social media presence in the constituency and publicising surgeries
- following up on social media queries and comments
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 May 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the close of the deadline for applications.
Please send a covering letter outlining how you meet the job specification and your suitability for the role by e-mail to Claire Stewart : email@example.com
I welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.