Date Added: 13 May 2019
: 7 June 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Kate Osamor MP (Edmonton)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and dependent on experience
Kate Osamor MP is looking for a full time Caseworker to join her busy team. The post will be based in her constituency. The successful applicant with be enthusiastic and highly organised with excellent communication skills.
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to Kate’s constituents on a range of issues, including housing, welfare and immigration amongst others, and help to resolve problems through communication with government agencies, the voluntary sector and other organisations.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a busy team
- Previous experience in an MP’s office or in a CAB
- Experience using Caseworker MP software or similar is desirable.
- A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Managing and progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress and bringing cases to a successful close
- Liaising with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the GDPR
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Assisting the Parliamentary Team with the day to day running of the office including with administrative tasks as and when required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 7 June 2019
Interviews will be held w/c 10 June and start date will be as soon as possible.
Please submit a current CV and covering letter and contact details for two referees via email to: email@example.com with the subject "Caseworker Application".
14th May 2019 - Details have been added to the Application Details section.