Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 20 May 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: John Lamont MP, Douglas Ross MP & Paul Masterton MP
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Three Scottish Conservative MPs (John Lamont MP (Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk), Douglas Ross MP (Moray), and Paul Masterton MP (East Renfrewshire)) are looking for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to join their teams in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall running of the office. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, and advanced ICT skills.
The position is suitable for someone who can work well under pressure, has excellent interpersonal skills and is proactive in their approach to work.
- Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member's behalf as necessary
- Ensure the Members are fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
- Overall management of the Member's diary commitments, delegating tasks to others as appropriate
- Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
- Provide generalist admin support
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent people skills
- Highly organised in order to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Competent use of IT and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
- An understanding of the Scottish political environment
The ideal candidate will be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish Conservative & Unionist Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 May 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, with the candidate starting as soon as possible.
Please email a CV (max 2 sides A4) and covering letter (1 side A4) setting out relevant experience and what you think you can bring to the role with the subject line “Parliamentary Assistant Application”.
For more details please contact Rosie Matheson at firstname.lastname@example.org.