Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 3 June 2019
Job Title: Communications Executive
Working For: CDP
Salary: £23,000-£28,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity for a full time Communications Executive to work in our communications team, based in our London headquarters. Reporting to one of the Communications Managers, the ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with some prior experience of working in communications, strong interpersonal and organisational skills, and a keen interest in sustainability.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright and motivated individual early on in their career who is seek-ing to develop skills and experience across communications in a dynamic and fast-growing charity. The successful candidate will play an integral role supporting our busy communications team across the breadth of its work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Communications Managers with CDP campaigns, launches and announcements; as well as in their day-to-day media-related activities.
- Work with other members of the communications team when required, covering content and digital.
- Support the team on cross-campaign planning; and help to maintain central communications resources, including press lists and communications calendars.
- Team-wide support including managing corporate subscriptions and coordinating daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports on communications activity.
- The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
Required skills and experience:
- Prior experience working in communications, ideally in the sustainability or corporate fields, with some experience of media relations desirable;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to draft compelling copy for social media and other channels;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and an ability to meet multiple dead-lines;
- The ability to prioritise tasks effectively and support a busy team;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to process complex material.
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s London headquarters reporting to one of the Communications Managers.
Closing Date: 3 June 2019
The deadline to apply is 9am on the closing date.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Communications Executive’ in the subject.