Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 20 May 2019
Job Title: External/Public Affairs Adviser
Working For: Money Advice and Pension Service, a client of Hays
Working with the External Affairs Manager to promote and enhance the reputation with key stakeholders, policy-makers in the financial services industry, voluntary sector, in Parliament and Whitehall, and local government. Coordinate external engagement with industry and consumer stakeholders to harness their expertise to help guide and shape engagement -this will involve effective and targeted external engagement activities,
Responsibilities of the role: -
- Working with the External Affairs team to create and execute the external engagement strategy.
- Mapping and being aware of the stakeholder landscape,key influences –forging relationships with external contacts to support the development and delivery of the national strategy and corporate plan.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with external stakeholders and supporting senior leaders in their external engagement with e.g. financial services firms, trade associations, partner organisations, industry commentators, advice charities, other voluntary and public-sector organisations and wider opinion formers.
- Working closely with the Commissioning & Partnerships team to promote awareness of the national strategy and corporate plan, among parliamentarians, and building relationships with legislators, regulators and local government across the UK
- Support with the development of briefings, attending & coordinating external events
The successful candidate will demonstrate:-
Solid understanding public affairs, parliamentary procedures, and experience of working in Westminster and/or local government
Strong networking and presentation, written and verbal communication skills
Expertise in developing and delivering successful public affairs and engagement strategies
The ability to work with other teams within and outside the organisation
Ability to work in fast-paced environments with a strong customer focus
An understanding of the financial services and/or third sector an advantage but not essential.
Closing Date: 20 May 2019
Interview to be held week comencing the 27th of May or the 3rd fo June 2019
If this role is of interest, please do apply with an up to date word version of your CV no later than the closing date—send to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting all your relevant experience or do contact myself for further information.