Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 28 May 2019
Job Title: Events & Network Officer
Working For: New Local Government Network
Type: Permanent, Full time (35 hours per week, excluding lunch hours)
Reporting to: Head of Network
Location: NLGN’s offices in central London, with the possibility of occasional remote working
Benefits include: 25 days annual leave, 4% employer contribution to the organisation's workplace pension scheme.
The New Local Government Network (NLGN) is unique. Unlike other think tanks we directly
influence both national policy and front-line service delivery. This is because we are rooted in the real world of public service delivery, through our growing network of 50 local authority members, to transform the way they work.
In addition, we have a clear and radical long-term vision of change, recently launched in our influential paper, The Community Paradigm , which seeks to revolutionise the public sector by giving communities real power over how their public services are delivered.
About the role
We are currently looking for a someone to help us develop and deliver our programme of
innovative events as well as grow our network and deepen our engagement with current
This post-holder will report to NLGN’s Head of Network and work closely with our External
Affairs Officer, with whom they will share responsibility for event delivery. If successful, you will be part of a small, dynamic team of 15 people, based in our vibrant and busy shared working space in Victoria, Central London.
- Work with other team members to develop and deliver innovative and engaging events for our membership and beyond
- Creatively input into the format, content and logistics of NLGN’s events to further increase their appeal and utility to participants
- Support fundraising for events through developing relationships with our corporate partners and encourage partnership opportunities
- Proactively and positively manage event stakeholders, including partners, sponsors, and other team members, before, during and after events
- ... continued at http://www.nlgn.org.uk/public/2019/events-network-officer/
Closing Date: 28 May 2019
Interviews will take place Thursday 6 June at NLGN’s offices.
To apply for the role please send a CV and covering email of no more than 400 words
describing your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be received by 12 noon on Tuesday 28 May.