Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 10 June 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Universities UK
Salary: £28,174-£31,304 per annum
This is a great role for someone who is keen to develop their skills across the full range of communications functions, including events marketing, content development, blogs, media and social media, events and publications; and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
The UK can be proud of having one of the best university systems in the world. International links contribute immeasurably to this success. UUKi exists to ensure our universities thrive internationally in education, research, and the exchange of staff and students.
In everything we do, we seek to advance towards our four strategic aims which are:
- Attract a growing number of international students to the UK
- Increase international research collaboration, especially through the creation of the conditions and funding to support it
- Double outbound student mobility from the UK
- Increase the number of students studying for UK qualifications overseas.
We achieve this via a busy programme of engaging and influencing, building evidence and informing, both in the UK and in priority countries around the world.
In the academic year 17/18 we:
- Led 18 delegations across 19 countries, meeting with over 800 high level representatives, held 15 network meetings attracting 553 attendees from 146 universities and four conferences
- Produced 15 UUKi reports and information notes which were downloaded over 4,000 times
- Designed and launched the Rutherford Strategic Partnership Grant programme, funded by Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Launched the Go International: Stand Out campaign aiming to double the percentage of UK-domiciled students who study, work or volunteer abroad during their undergraduate degrees. 81 universities signed up in the first year
- And much more besides – see www.international.ac.uk for more information.
We are now looking for a dynamic Communications Officer to join our busy External Affairs team of five people, working closely with colleagues across the international directorate and with those in the wider Universities UK team.
Closing Date: 10 June 2019
Interviews will take place on Thursday 20 June 2019.
Applications must be submitted via the following link: https://www.uukjobs.co.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=UUK01119