Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 3 June 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Robin Walker MP (Worcester)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all constituency casework enquiries are logged; progressed & completed
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Draft responses to constituents
- Deal with queries from members of the public
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, including written and oral
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Competence on Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Excel)
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities and third-party organisations
- Continually maintain, update and develop personal knowledge of demanding, specialised or complex cases
- Ability to prioritise and manage own caseload
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills as the role involves effective teamworking with Robin Walker MP and the Westminster based staff
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld
- Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
This position is full time however flexible working hours will be considered.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 June 2019
Start date is 24th June.
Interviews will be held in Worcester during late May/early June.
A short-written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Caseworker Application" in the subject title.
Please note we will only contact potential candidates for interview, and therefore if you do not hear from us, you have not been shortlisted.