Date Added: 14 May 2019
: 21 May 2019
Job Title: Junior Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Lansons
Lansons is looking for a junior public affairs executive to bolster its public affairs offer. This is a fast-paced support role in which you would be working as an integral member of client teams, responsible for the administration and smooth running of our client programmes. At least six months to a year’s experience in a public affairs role or in Parliament would help equip you for the role and allow you start with confidence.
The role is varied and some of the responsibilities include:
- Research for client projects and initiatives
- Maintaining evaluation documents for clients
- Providing political monitoring for clients
- Assisting in planning for events, including liaison with venues and suppliers
- Attending brainstorms to develop ideas for client programmes
- Drafting briefing documents to brief clients on forthcoming meetings with journalists
- Attending weekly team meetings and being responsible for weekly actions document
- Contributing to a number of accounts within the financial services and other sectors
- Providing briefing notes and political monitoring for clients
- Drafting responses to Parliamentary and stakeholder consultations
- Networking and building your contact base within the industry
- Identifying and contributing to new business
- Diary management for client teams, including liaising with clients about meetings
Our ideal candidate will have a keen interest in public affairs and a thorough understanding of parliamentary processes in Westminster with a developing network of contacts in public affairs and parliamentary worlds. A keen eye for detail, proactivity, strong communication and collaboration skills and excellent organisation skills are essential. An ability to handle and respond effectively to media enquiries, to identify new business opportunities and input into the pitch process are also important. The role will also include a need to be able to confidently communicate with senior colleagues and external individuals. It will also require a good working knowledge and experience in using social media and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
If you have an interest in current affairs, the news, the media and business and what makes them tick and thrive on making things happen, we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: 21 May 2019
Interviews will commence asap and we are looking for people to start asap too
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter or email to set out why you think you would add value to Lansons.
We regret to inform that due to the large number of applications we are unable to respond to every applicant.