Date Added: 16 May 2019
: 16 June 2019
Job Title: Intern
Working For: PLMR Ltd
PLMR offers internships to individuals who are seeking to gain relevant professional experience before embarking on a career. As a PR and Public Affairs Intern you will assist the PLMR team in providing high quality servicing to all our clients. You will have a keen interest in public relations (PR), in how messages are best shaped and communicated across both old and new media, in public affairs (PA) and in the UK political landscape. In this role you will gain experience of – and exposure to – all the main disciplines of consultancy life.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be well motivated and able to work under pressure using your own initiative. You will be able to conceptualise, analyse and write persuasive arguments. You will have a can-do attitude and a passion for achieving results. You will also be active in the social media networking sphere and have an interest in developing your own networks within both political and media circles.
- Producing policy briefings for PLMR clients
- Liaising with the office of an MPs or Ministers, and drafting letters if required
- Contributing to the drafting of public affairs and/ or media relations strategie
- Drafting press releases or a set of press releases for a PLMR client
- ‘Selling in’ press releases to journalists
- Compiling media lists in support of a press release mailout
- Supporting PLMR’s planning lobbying work
- Preparing “Live Actions Updates”
- Involvement in PLMR New Business activities
- Monitoring political events of relevance to PLMR clients and contributing to the work of PLMR’s monitoring team
- Contributing to meeting preparation in support of either the senior PLMR team or a PLMR client
- Producing regular task lists and keeping up to date timesheets
- Dealing with telephone calls that come into the PLMR office
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity – ensuring we are always ‘adding value’ to our clients
- Assisting with event management, including press conferences and promotional events
- Responding to requests for information from clients which may be at short notice
- Providing colleagues with general administrative support
Closing Date: 16 June 2019
We look at applications on a daily basis. If a suitable candidate is sought this vacancy may be filled before the closing date.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to Magda Lobodziec at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us how your experience and ambitions match this role.